Research & Technology Developmente
The Goat Trust have a team of qualified Researchers and multi disciplinary technical experts including veterinarians, Livestock management domain experts, Social Scientists to develop pro poor technologies and adapt existing knowledge & technologies from research institutions through modifying it as per context. A major agenda of our work is documenting, validating and disseminating existing traditional best practices of small livestock farmers and work on modifying their existing infra structure on scientific principles through minimum alterations and their participation.
Major ongoing research and technology adaptation at The Goat Trust are –
- Collection, Processing urban fruit and vegetable waste and estimating quality, storage life and nutrition content.
- Assessing impact of waste fruit pulp made feed on body weight gain & productivity of goats and ducks.
- Effect of local made Pashu chat on farm animal productivity.
- Efficacy and impact of Moringa sp leave feeding on goat kids growth.
Alternative and Low cost Animal health care
- Assessing suitability of identified Homeopathic formulations on small livestock general ailments.
Breeding and early Sex identification in duck farming
- Assessing effect of herbal formulation on heat induction and conception in goats
- Breeding buck performance and semen quality assessment under various feeding regime and management condition
- Sexing of male and female duck through voice amplification and light indicators
Low cost Housing and sanitation
- Appropriate low house design for 10+1 duck farming model
- Temperature recording of goat, buck house and changes in physiology, behaviour and semen/milk production
Household level economics
- Rural Household level egg Production and growth potential of Khaki Campbell ducks in peri urban areas of Lucknow.
- Household Economics of 3 goats and 10 ducks and cash flow analysis to assess suitability as pro poor livelihoods support model.